Sébastien made this plate inspired by the florist Georges François on rue Delambre in the 14th arrondissement. Each piece is first blown into a ball then it is opened and flattened to create a large dish. The sides of the dish are folded over to create the collared border that is a true sign of the handmade quality of this plate. The assiette George is the right size for your presenting your dishes wether it be fruit salad, mezze, tapenade.
It has a slight dip in the middle to serve your “coulis de fruits rouges” or “crème anglaise” around your desserts.
These are entirely made by hand and each creation is unique. Therefore, there may be a slight variation in color, texture, and size between each piece. On the base of each item, you can feel the pontil mark left by the glassblower’s cane. The presence of this mark indicates that the glass was blown freehand. This is the beauty of handmade.
• Hand-blown using only recycled glass.
• Approximately 28cm wide and 28cm long.
• Size & shape will vary (approximately 1cm-2cm) from piece to piece.
• Colored with all natural pigments that will never fade, even in the dishwasher.
• Each order is hand-washed, wrapped, and packaged with care.
Although most of our products are dishwasher safe, we do recommend that you wash them by hand to avoid scratches and to preserve their luster. All plaster and terracotta pieces are not suitable for use with water.