The Lyonnais Quinquet Yellow glasses are inspired by the Fête des Lumières in Lyon, France. This unique Lyonnais tradition happens every year on December 8th where every house has votive candles in little glass containers in all their windows to participate in the festival and light up the streets. We like to use the Lyonnais Quinquet just like this, as a votive and also as a drinking glass!
These are entirely made by hand and each creation is unique. Therefore, there may be a slight variation in color, texture, and size between each piece. On the base of each item, you can feel the pontil mark left by the glassblower’s cane. The presence of this mark indicates that the glass was blown freehand. This is the beauty of handmade.
The Lyonnais Quinquet is also available in blue, dark brown, framboise, green, light blue, miel, olive, smoky, transparent, and turquoise.
• Hand-blown using only recycled glass.
• Approximately 7cm high and 6.5cm wide.
• Size & shape will vary (approximately 1cm-2cm) from piece to piece.
• Colored with all-natural pigments that will never fade, even in the dishwasher.
• Each order is hand-washed, wrapped, and packaged with care.
Although most of our products are dishwasher safe, we do recommend that you wash them by hand to avoid scratches and to preserve their luster. All plaster and terracotta pieces are not suitable for use with water.